Monday 8 November 2010

So Here We Are

Well, this is it, the first significant post on my blog.

Now why the hell should anyone choose to share their thoughts and experiences with the world at large, or even with their close acquaintances? Especially with something that cuts rather close to pure narcissism and pretension.

I try, not always successfully, to push myself in new directions, to try new things, so by writing about it I hope to share some of the lessons I've learned from the experiences I've had. Maybe I can pique your interest in some of my passions, or titillate you with voyeuristic episodes, or just make you shake your head in disgust.

I also want to share with you some of the more interesting things I see and hear throughout the day, whether they're thought provoking, interesting or just plain funny. Expect to see songs I love, clips from movies, or whatever.



Of course, this is as much for my benefit as yours: by writing about my experiences, I hope to be able to put things into perspective and learn more. My life is still coming together: but then again, who wants to read about someone with a perfect life? Way too dull. Fast car + skillful driving + risk of crashing =  excitement.

This summer I realised that I had a whole raft of dreams that I was putting off. A few things happened: I got a bit older, I injured myself, and my sister got married. Time to take stock. Things have changed: I quit my job and am working freelance. I'm looking after myself a bit better, and more importantly my life is starting to look like something I'd actually want to live. I was on the verge of fighting MMA professionaly before crippling myself, so I've got another obstacle to overcome there as well.

And writing this blog is a damn sight easier than the writing I'm meant to be doing right now.

Dom


No comments:

Post a Comment